Date:      Sun, 25 Dec 94 21:22 MET
From:      Lutz.Diettrich@unnet.wupper.de (Lutz Diettrich)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help install scsi-ibmdisk 3540

hallo folks,
unfortunately I have severe trouble with installing FreeBSD2.0
(bootfloppy61294) on a new scsi-diskdisk (ibm dsas 3540 = 540 MB).
With dos-fdisk I made a dos-partition of 30 Mb,
the other partitions were done with the help of the install program.
The entries are:
a  30 Mb /
b  32 Mb swap
c  493 Mb entire FreeBSD slice
d  523 Mb entire Disk
e   30 Mb unused
f  55  Mb /usr
g  120 Mb /usr/src
h  255 Mb /usr/home
After quit, proceed I get the message
exec(/stand/newfs) failed, code 9216
alt-f2 : write error: 112639
wtfs: Invalid argument.

Please, would somebody give a hint and tell me what is wrong?
(I just bought the new scsi disk a day ago!)
Please respond to Lutz.Diettrich@unnet.wupper.de

This weather report has been compiled in Germany (Europe), where it was
freezing cold. Daytime temperatures reached 5 C (41 F).