Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 21:33:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uemacs port

>  * I have uemacs 4.00 beta2 ready to fly (with FreeBSD additions from
>  * 3.12).  Does it make sense to put it in the ports collection? If
>  * so, should it replace the existing 3.12 version or be imported as
>  * uemacs4 or something?
>
> Depends, on like how stable it is, how compatible it is, etc. :)
>
> Satoshi

It seems stable. However, there are incompatibilities with some of the macro
names and function-key pages. Numbered macroes seem to have been eliminated
from the definitions for the function-key pages: "Word" "Box" and "Emacs"
pages have been rewritten, but "Pascal" "C" "Cobol" and "Lisp" have not.
Otherwise, there seem to be no new bugs of a critical nature. This version
is from June 1995, the 3.12 version is from April 1993.

Adam