Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:08:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        bwoods2@uswest.net
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CardBus in current??

In message <XFMail.000228082311.wwoods@cybcon.com> William Woods writes:
: I am running FreeBSD 4.0 -current on my IBM Thinkpad 600E, last
: nights cvsup and make world and I herd a rumor that cardbus was
: supported? Is this true? I have a adaptec SlimSCSI 1480A that I
: would love to get working....is there any hope?

Cardbus bridges are supported in 16-bit mode only.  Since the 1480A is
a 32bit card, it isn't supported.  The 1460 cards are currently in
current.

Cardbus work is underway, but won't be in 4.0.

Warner