Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2013 18:30:20 +0000
From:      Miguel Clara <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: FreeBSD 10-current coredumps Youtube HTML5

On 06/21/13 14:43, Miguel Clara wrote:
> On 06/21/13 13:33, Florian Smeets wrote:

>>> Unloading sem does allow me to open youtube the video starts,
>>> but after a few seconds I get the same problem... With sem its
>>> almost instant!
>>>
>>> So I guess in my case loading sem is even worst :|
>>>

>> Can you try "svn co
>> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox/"
>

> and build firefox from that directory and try again please. You
> could
>> also try firefox-nightly
>> (https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox-nightly)
>
>>  If you want to quickly try nightly you can use this package
>> http://buildbot.rhaalovely.net/builds/firefox-24.0a1.en-US.freebsd10.0-x86_64.tar.bz2,
>

> just untar it and run ./firefox/firefox, the package will have no
> sound
>> though.
>
>> I'm on 10-CURRENT and I can watch hours of HTML5 videos on
>> Youtube without problems.
>
>> Florian
>

> Are you running nighty or the trunk version?
>
> I guess I'll try the one that worked for you :)

The nightly package gave me o problems, but also no sound, and I think
this is the root of the problem!

I've build nightly with alsa and I got the same error I had with
www/firefox:

Assertion failed: (wrote >= 0 && wrote == got), function
alsa_refill_stream, file
/data/ports/www/firefox-nightly/work/mozilla-central-68760713a30f/media/libcubeb/src/cubeb_alsa.c,
line 319.
Abort

Now I'm building with Pulse Audio, which was also falling with
www/firefox, I'll post my results!

I'd like to note that opera doesn't crash, and I'm also only using HTML5.

Thanks!