Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:45:29 +0900
From:      Akinori MUSHA aka knu <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        matt@BabCom.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   flashplugin: c++rt0.o problem (Re: FlashPlugin FreeBSD Port.)

At Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:22:45 -0400 (EDT),
matt <matt@BabCom.ORG> wrote:
> 	I just thought I would inform you that I was unable to compile
> this on FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE of September 17th. Output from make follows,
> I might (and probably) have missed something here, I need more coffee
> and time to wake up.. If you need anymore information, let me know what
> you need and I'll provide it -- I looked around for reference of the
> missing file and I don't see it, but maybe I'm blind...
>
> ===>  Building for flashplugin-0.4.3
> cc -shared -Wl,-x -o libswf.so `lorder npunix.o plugin.o adpcm.o bitmap.o
> button.o character.o cxform.o  displaylist.o flash.o font.o graphic.o
> matrix.o  program.o script.o shape.o sound.o sprite.o text.o jcomapi.o
> jdapimin.o jdapistd.o jdatadst.o  jdatasrc.o jdcoefct.o jdcolor.o
> jddctmgr.o jdhuff.o  jdinput.o jdmainct.o jdmarker.o jdmaster.o jdmerge.o
> jdphuff.o jdpostct.o jdsample.o jdtrans.o jerror.o  jidctflt.o jidctfst.o
> jidctint.o jidctred.o jmemmgr.o  jmemnobs.o jquant1.o jquant2.o jutils.o
> adler32.o infblock.o  infcodes.o inffast.o inflate.o inftrees.o infutil.o
> zutil.o| /usr/bin/tsort -q`
> ld: c++rt0.o: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Matt

To make this port, you might need legacy a.out csu library files.
Do the following steps:

    1. extract /usr/src/lib (distribution files: src/slib.??)
    2. cd /usr/src/lib/csu/i386
    3. make clean depend
    4. make all install

And then try making the port.

I'd include the notice above for the port. Thank you for your report!

(I CC'd this reply to the freebsd-ports list)

--
                     /
                    /__  __

"We are but hungry..  Associated Ita-meshi Daemons!"
                                   http://www.idaemons.org/