Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:02:51 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   chio trap with not-ready changer

Ok, after some interesting side trips I'm happily up and talking to our
new (well, new-old) SpectraLogic STL-8000.  There's only one catch so far
- if the unit is still initialising itself when the 'ch' driver tries to
talk to it, the latter fails in a messy fashion.  It's easy enough to
work around this by increasing the SCSI delay, but if you have 40 tapes
in the unit and it's busy reading the barcodes off them all, this can be
a loooong wait. 8)

Is there any interest in debugging this at the moment, or should I hang
back until someone familiar with the 'ch' driver has some time to tinker?