Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:54:59 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jerrymc@msu.edu
Subject:   Question about Kernel Config Controller and MFS_ROOT

Greetings,

I am in the process of updating our servers from F3.2 to F4.4 and
notice that in the kernel config files there used to be
controller .....  keywords and now there seem to be none - not
even in LINT.
Have these all been replaced by just the device .... keyword?
It sort of looks like that, but I haven't found anywhere that it
explicitely says so.

Also, I notice that 'options MFS'  is still in LINT  but there is
no  'options  MFS_ROOT', though there remains 'options  FFS_ROOT'
and others.   I think that we still need to be able to use MFS as root
during our system config and install.   Has it been subsumed into
something else, or is it just missing?

Thanks for any help,

////jerry    Jerry McAllister    jerrymc@msu.edu