Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 17:11:14 -0500
From:      "Kent Vander Velden" <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gateway computer and bus mouse

  Please ignore my previous message about the Gateway computer and the bus
mouse.  I managed to find the problem shortly after I sent the question.

  For the record, it is indeed a PS/2 style bus mouse.  I had the psm
driver uncommented but had to enable it in the configuration system on
startup for some reason.  In other words, it was never found since it had
always been disabled.  After that, the only other thing that needed to be
changed was changing the protocol type from Microsoft to PS2 in the xfree86
config file.

  While I am sure to find the answer to this shortly after asking but what
do I need to do in order to not have to enable the device as a separate
step after installing a new kernel?

  Thanks.

Kent Vander Velden
graphix@iastate.edu