Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:35:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fortran users anywhere?

> Wow, Terry, is High Energy Physics your hobby? ;-)

I triple majored: High Energy and Solid State Physics, Applied
Mathematics (free with any theoretical Physics major and a
"statistics coupon" -- 3 stat classes), and Computer Science
with emphasis for an ongoing degree.

It was literally a matter of two weeks between job offers whether
I would be programming or working for TRW's ballistic missle
division.  Just think, I could have been working on FreeICBM by
now (or NetICBM or OpenICBM or LICBMux or gor ICBMi).  8-).

[That was a joke for those of you who work for humor impaired
 government agencies, hence the 'smiley'; the bottom has pretty
 much dropped out of the market for HE guys for anything other
 than consulting gigs on Keanu Reeves movies].

Explains my interest in SMP hardware, I suppose...

BTW: Thanks for the book reference; I'll check it out and post
what it costs if they still have it.

>  From a mail conversation about this with dmg@research.att.com:
>
> >       Both volumes were published by Saunders College Publishing
> >       ISBN 0-03-047532-5 and 0-03-047529-5 (yes, isbn(vol2) < isbn(vol1))
> >       at one time they could be ordered at +1 800 782 4479

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.