Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:14:07 -0600
From:      "Clay" <cculver@darkness-is.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Slow Startup

Hi,

            Well after getting the last problem solved, I have noticed that
the FreeBSD machine starts up slowly. By this I mean, when it gets to
starting common daemons it just hangs for roughly half hour. It will not go
past this spot, and it just sits there, then after time I get the login
prompt to which I am able to login and then do things in the shell.

            I have noticed this a few other times when I was first
installing FreeBSD on the machine, and never thought much of it as I always
had other things to do. Now that I am able to devote time to getting the
server setup, I find it hard to get things done when rebooting then waiting
such a long time to log back in after a reboot.

Clay