Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:54:27 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 slower than i386 on identical AMD 64 system?

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 17:39, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Yes, but the problem is that you didn't stop and file a bug report
> when you learned of the problems (and then turn off the broken
> option), but instead wrote an email in which you made the broad claim
> that FreeBSD's SMP support was unstable.

whats that now? absolutly not true

read the thread again and show me where I said that but to help you out: I=
=20
said that I (I!) have problems with X2 processor with very specific memory=
=20
amount installed on certain hardware when SMP is enabled

don't turn my words around

> > well, that was my first thought too but makes no sense if the same
> > happens on several different brands,
>
> Why not?  It is well-documented that many motherboards need BIOS
> updates to work correctly with dual-core CPUs.

you are more clever than that aren't you? Or do you try to get clever with =
me?

means: makes no sense that the bios is broken on all MBs I tried

overall you cut the important thing where I said that I did tried other bio=
s=20
versions

and what you say here has nothing to do with all of this because the bios=20
updates you're talking about are necessary on certain MBs in order to=20
recognize the X2 - so we are beyond this point ...

Jo=E3o