Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2007 00:14:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune"

Upgraded to 6.2-stable (and got 6.3-prerelease) today.  Needed to upgrade
amavisd-new, and that required upgrading p5-Convert-UUlib.  (All done from
ports.)

Unfortunately, when amavisd runs, it produces this error now:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/mach/auto/Convert/UUlib/UUlib.so: Undefined symbol "__sbmaskrune"

I'm not sure where this symbol is supposed to be found, but it's
referenced in a great many other libraries which don't seem to be having
any problems with linking or finding that symbol.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?  I'm at a loss for even how to begin
tracking this down...

   Nick