Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2003 19:32:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: stand/..

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> The reason I ask is that all other (new) compiled programs have the date
> of the buildworld. (april 11) But NOT for "/stand"
> It still is Oct 9 2002
> and I don't know why.. Is this 'cause it's kind of a "special" dir w/ no
> "real" files? Like to learn something here..

They are all hard links, I'm pretty sure to sysinstall.

# cd /stand/
# mv gunzip ngunzip
# ln sysinstall gunzip
# cd -
# /stand/gunzip packages.tar.gz

(which gunzips the file perfectly)

--
W. Palfreman. 			I'm looking for a job. Read my CV at:
Tel: 0771 355 0354		www.palfreman.com/william/cv-wfp2.html