Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:57:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X problems & 5.0... -RELEASE?

On 13 Oct 2002 23:00:08 -0700
Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu> wrote:

> Could anyone who is having stability issues with X please email me
> privately if they are using either -current before September or
> -stable?  If not, without some sort of hints of where an issue really
> is, I'm going to chalk this up to kernel bugs.

Running -current as of Oct 8, X4 as of May 15. I hadn't the problem with
a kernel from one or two months ago. Maxim was trying to find the date
where it breaks, don't know how far he is.

I only see signal 6, regardless of the loading of the type1 module for
X. It only aborts if I have my MUA running (see headers). No problem
with e.g. Galeon.

I also see those hangs, but wasn't able to find something specific to
trigger them. But at every temporary hang the mouse pointer doesn't
freeze, and the mouse clicks get played back at the correct positions
after X unfreezes.

I'm also able to freeze the system hard just by killing mldonkey (CVS
version), but I don't know if this is related, as the mouse pointer
isn't movable, I don't think it is related, but who knows.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.