Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:17:05 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Dealing with a hosting company with it's head up it's rear end

>> I kind of understand RDP (but we have had bad luck with VNC on the =
same
>> hosting provider in the past so we prefer RDP), but SSH!?!?!?=E2=81=89=EF=
=B8=8F!

RDP I not secure and not securable, so banning it is perfectly =
legitimate. Banning ssh exposes them as know-nothings.

Find a better host.

>> So how do we/the client tell the hosting company they are full of =
sh*t

By denying them the money they are relying on to run their business.

>> (the client has a 3 year contract with a pay in full to break clause =
with
>> them which would be over $100k to break)

They are not provided adequate service. If your client signed a contract =
that binds them regardless of the incompetence pf failures of the host, =
then your client is also inept.

--=20
Worlds of belief, she [Susan] thought. Just like oysters. A little
	piece of shit gets in and then a pearl grows around it.
	--Hogfather