Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:57:34 EST
From:      YidukKwon@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dear FreeBSD volunteers:

I just bought a FreeBSD 4.2 release and tried to install it without success.
My problem is that the CD ROM won't boot on my Panasonic SCSI CD ROM. My CD
ROM is connected to ADAPTEC 2940U/2940UW SCSI card. I had no problems with
any other CD ROM booting from this CD ROM drive including LINUX and other
bootable CD ROMs. I tried to modify any setting in the system BIOS and SCSI
BIOS but no use. Is it the FreeBSD CD ROM itself or my computer/CD ROM drive
that prevents booting? I have read pages and pages of installation guide and
manual and thought I had a good understanding on the installation issues.

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Sincerely,

Yiduk Kwon
One frustrated would-be user