Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:18:50 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'make -DNO_DEPENDS install' causing error

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:24:13PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> I'm really stumped on this one, and I'm wondering if someone can come up=
=20
> with something clever here.
>=20
> In the last revision of portmaster I changed the order of how things are=
=20
> installed (parent port first, then any run-depends) and added -DNO_DEPEND=
S=20
> to the make install line so that portmaster could handle installation of=
=20
> the run-depends.

Errr... maybe I should actually take a careful look at portmaster first,
but after a cursory look at portmaster.sh.in... how do you handle the
case of a port installation that executes commands from a runtime
dependency?  That is, a runtime dependency that is actually used at
install time, too?

The first example that comes to mind is net/dictd-database, which uses
the 'dictzip' utility from net/dictd in the "install" target, but surely
there are lots of other similar examples :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org