Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 16:26:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master method

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Peter Wemm wrote:

>  --exclude branches --exclude FreeBSD-CVS --exclude mailing-lists
> to the command line.  These have many, many files and take quite a while
> to sync up.  While we are in catch-up mode, I think it would be
> an idea to leave these out for the moment.
>
> An alternative may be to cvsup these files directly and completely bypass
> ftp-master.  There are supfiles in these areas, as well as in
>  doc/mailing-lists/

i highly recommend using cvsup to manager the FreeBSD-CVS tree as well
as all the branches tree.  IMHO it's a bit tricker to setup and maintain
CVSup if you haven't before, but it handles those trees much better
than rsync.

of course this assumes one is cvsupping either from cvsup-master, or
that ftp-master will also maintain a cvsupd for mirrors.

-jason