Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:07:43 +0100
From:      Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
To:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JFS port for FreeBSD (jfs4bsd)

Hi Hiten,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 02:48:27PM -0800, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> I am limited in the internals of the FreeBSD Kernel,
> and I am hoping that people would like to help me port
> JFS to FreeBSD.
>
> The project is currently in planning stage, and is
> located at SourceForge.net.  If you would like to help
> please send a mail to me, regarding this topic.

I'm one of the main commiters to JFS outside IBM and I'm really
happy to see more people involved :)

First I'd like to encourage you to contribute your userspace
changes to the main JFS repository at IBM.  For the 1.0.11 release
I have added autoconf/automake support to easify portability and
a bunch of portablity patches (mostly getting rid of linuxisms)
is under way to the Core team.

I'm also happy to help a little with the kernel part, but my primary
filesystem experience (and interest!) is with Linux.

	Christoph