Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:36:56 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintainership for jseger@FreeBSD.org ports

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 07:43:21PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> I volunteer to take over the maintainership of several ports,
> that seem to be inactive.
>
> 	news/suck
> 	irc/zircon
>
> Comments welcome.

If you've heard nothing back within a couple of weeks from the
current maintainer, you can pretty much assume that they're
going to be non-responsive.

Particularly if you have patches that upgrade/unbreak/improve
the port, and after waiting a while, I'd just go for it.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/