Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:54:26 +0200
From:      Jochen Fahrner <freebsd@fahrners.de>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

Hi,

after successfull installation of FreeBSD on an old Compaq, I now
want to install FreeBSD on an old iMac G3 PPC.
After reading the FreeBSD/PPC 6.0 installation instructions, I saw
that built-in ethternet is not supported on all models.

Before I delete my OS X partition and installing FreeBSD, I would
like to test if ethernet is supported. Without ethernet FreeBSD makes
no sense for me.

How can I find out if ethernet is working before installing it?

Jochen