Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:22:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RCNG diskless booting bug in /etc/rc.d/fsck

Hello all,

I recently updated my world to a releng5 source tree from 12/27.  I noticed
that almost all of the RCNG scripts work perfectly for diskless (PXE) booting.
There is one minor problem that can easily be fixed.  Upon booting the rc
scripts immediately initiate ‘fsck’ of file systems.  Since all every file
system in a diskless case is NFS except the memory disks, and since fsck_nfs
does not exist, the boot process stops and exits to an sh shell.  This can be
fixed by adding the flag ‘-t nonfs’ to the fsck script in /etc/rc.d.

Regards,
Galen Sampson