Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:10:24 +0700
From:      budsz <budsan02@bdg.centrin.net.id>
To:        Scott Robbins <scottro@despammed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: margermaster

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:02:19AM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>Hi--
>Weirdness in our sendmail set-up keeps me from sending to list from work,
>but I see no one else answered your question
>Firstly it's mergemaster, not margemaster--if you misread it somewhere, that
>will definitely make it harder to find.  :)  (Believe me that
>happens--however, I'm assuming you just mistyped.
>You can, after doing your build world and install world, just, from /usr/src
>(at least that's where I am when I do it, don't know if that's necessary)
>type
>mergemaster

Sorry :-) yes i was maybe mistype, last time my friend told to me, he
was fail with command mergemaster so he lost his files, base of that i
try ask to milis :-), BTW after I use mergemaster, I can't change
permission or owner file (chmod & chown) in spool file postfix
(/var/spool/postfix) so postfix can't running normally. but after
I read manual mergemaster, I found for pwd_mkdb command to update
password database, I try it: #pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd ow..I no sure
it's true?, but now my FreeBSD box running normally again :-). TIA

>And the program will start--at times, it'll start showing you a file on the
>screen--just hit the space bar to keep it moving--then, you'll get a thing
>do this that or leave it alone with the default being leave it alone.  I
>just choose the defaults.
>As I'm very new at this, I don't know that much about ~what~ I'm doing, but
>that works.  :)  I've also left it out at times without that much trouble.
>HTH a little
>Scott

Yes just now i try mergemaster with option -v and -i. OK thanks scott,
sorry my english very bad :-)

TIA

--
budsz