Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:08:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        avalon@advicom.net, marcel@scc.nl, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-channel communications

Archie Cobbs wrote:

> http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt

I doubt that a normal human being in Europe will ever using this given the
current ISDN pricing over here. In an ideal world, where i don't have to
pay for using X.31 on the D-channel and have a flat rate on my 2 B-channels
it would be nice to have.

On the other hand, almost all the benefits mentioned in the paper are mostly
available right now, with the exception of that 16Kbit D-channel for data
transfer in addition to 128kbits for the 2 B-channels and the possibly
shorter connection setup time.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...