Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 00:24:10 -0700
From:      "Michael MacKinnon" <mackinnon.m@home.com>
To:        "Brennan W Stehling" <brennan@offwhite.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install Hell...

Thanks for the quick response.

As I mentioned below, I've already tried three different HDs, though.
(10GB, 4GB, and 400MB)

Are you familiar with Award BIOS (circa 1998)? Is there some funky
setting that has to be shut off before Linux or FreeBSD can put their
file system on it?
Is there a particular geometry that I have to use (LBA, CHS (or normal),
or Large settings) for the hard drive? FreeBSD Install seems to find the
normal settings
just after kernel configuration but displays the LBA settings in the screen
that partitions the disk.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike.