Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2014 06:48:43 +0300
From:      "Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)" <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        Winston Smith <smith.winston.101@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ARM <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Xuebing Wang <xbing6@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: BBB 1GHz patches for u-boot 2014-01

On 2014-04-27 04:08, Winston Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM, fabiodive <fabiodive@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2014-April/007944.html
>
> Forgive my ignorance here, but these don't quite look like regular
> patch files ... presumably they get applied to
> crotchet-freebsd/board/BeagleBone to replace the ones already in
> there?

No, those patches update BB[WB] uboot port to new version and are
perfectly good patches that patch(1) accepts. I bet you can hack those
into crochet too, if you really wish.

I also wonder about those weird SD errors... I have different issues
myself (there's message for that already, so I don't repeat). But my
issues always appear on boot. I currently don't run from external SD but
I just tried it and IIRC there are no changes to this code after that.
Internal SD (or eMMC, however you name it) works well, although I had to
apply strange hack which apparently changes some timings so eMMC
detection works correctly. I don't know how that code works, I never
write HW drivers, so I have no idea on that issue. Well, ian@, who DOES
write HW drivers, has no idea too :P Maybe I should get more than one
BBB (for which you need to make special order, I heard) to properly test
my stuff and also other things like possible external SD weirdness. It's
painful to boot from different medium to test some things while
disturbing other things (long-running stability tests). I could say that
BBB is nice piece of HW and 11-CURRENT is very STABLE (what a pun)
overall, with (obviously) some CURRENTish glitches... I also must say
that I use eMMC mostly read-only, with rare writes to upgrade (whole)
system (which is ~150MB in size).

BTW, I usually use IRC (EFnet : #bsdmips + several others, and I never
quit), because I somehow find writing long pieces of text difficult.
Although I like mail as non-instant means of communication.