Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:49:47 -0700
From:      "Seth Hieronymus" <shieronymus@gmail.com>
To:        delphij@delphij.net
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instant Reboot with 7.0 BETA4 LifeFS Disk

On Dec 27, 2007 4:11 PM, Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net> wrote:

Thanks for the response!  What you suggested worked -- I removed the SATA
cables from both harddrives, and then was able to boot using the 7.0 BETA4
AMD64 LiveFS cd.

It appears that the disk controller is not the problem.  It is recognized by
FreeBSD as (hand copied):
atapci0: <Promise PDC20579 SATA150 controller> port
0xd200-0xd27f,0xd300-0xd3ff mem 0xf8236000-0xf8236fff,0xf8200000-0xf821ffff
irq 19 at device 9.0 on pci0

Searching the dmesg, there are no other devices on irq 19.

Not sure it matters, but one interesting thing is that the motherboard also
has another SATA controller (irq 20 at device 15.0), which is:
atapci1: <VIA 6420 SATA150 controller>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Seth