Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 11:57:48 -0800
From:      David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re: how to get OS-BS to see FreeBSD 950210-SNAP w/o clobbering DOS & Linux?

* >
* > Got a slight problem:  OS-BS claims that there is "No operating system"
* > when I try to boot FreeBSD.   I can boot fine by using the boot floppy
* > and telling it to boot off sd(0,a)/kernel.
*
* Need pfdisk output for the drive from a boot from a DOS floppy and a
* boot from the DOS partition of the HD.
*
* If the floppy one shows a single partition of drive type 0x54, then
* you need to add 63 cylinders to the apparent location of the slice.
*
* It's important to know for an absolute certainty if it's the DOS MBR,
* OS-BS, or the BSD BIOS boot that is claiming no operating system.

pfdisk shows the same thing when you boot from a floppy or the
hard drive.   What it shows agrees with fdisk when run from the floppy,
hard drive, linux, or freebsd.

Thanks,

-Dave