Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:51:59 +0100
From:      "Meissner, Norbert" <norbert.meissner@daimlerchrysler.com>
To:        "'ira miller'" <iramiller@pbsltd.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AW: un-tarring a file?

Hi ira,

no problem,

just try
	tar xvf navigator-v408-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar

the options are 'x' for extract, 'v' to see what's in the archive (and what
tar is doing) nad 'f' for file. tar expects it's target for default at a
tape (here the device /dev/rst0). you have to tell tar to look in a file!

Greetings from Germany

Norbert