Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:44:58 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Boris <koester@x-itec.de>, Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux, Solaris, and NT

In message <5.0.0.25.0.20001219111044.020739e0@mail.etinc.com>, Dennis writes:

>>Device Drivers
>>--------------
>>I donīt like binary only device drivers. The code of an operating
>>system is more complex than a driver. if a company does not want to
>>publish the sourcecode, the should go away.
>
>You've lost all credibility here.

We have a saying in Denmark, which I'm sure exist in as many forms
as there are languages in the world:

   "A thief belive everybody steals."

Dennis, considering the recorded history of your arguments in our
mailing list archives, hearing you come out and praise closed source
drivers for open source OS's rings very very hollow.