Date:      Sat,  9 Jun 2001 02:13:43 -0400
From:      "Erik Rothwell" <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        Jason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org>, dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vi

Vim, though not installed by default, is a very good alternative to vi... it's got all of vi's functionality + more (syntax colour-coding for scripts & such, for instance) with a much cleanup interface. It's definitely a few degress more intuitive than regular vi as well as being full-featured & robust.

Erik :)