Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 12:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dennis Mathiasen <dennis@ny-utica5a-435.aburny.adelphia.net>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ata & mitsumi CD

Running 4.6-PRERELEASE, I can mount a cd ok, but when I try to copy a file from the cd I get:

acd0: READ_BIG command timeout
ata1: resetting devices

and then:

Fatal trap 12 page fault while in kernel mode...
(etc.)
and then a re-boot.

I have tried reverting to the wd driver and included mcd in the kernel,
but mcd never shows up in dmesg output.  How can I (or can I) cause the
use of this driver?

mcd is for Mitsumi drives which apparently use a non-conforming ATAPI
interface.  However, until now it has worked.  I'd sometimes get IO
timeout messages, but nothing worse.

Thanks.

Dennis Mathiasen
dennisma@adelphia.net