Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 1995 23:20:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
To:        tom@haven.uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New adduser script

>   How would you configure an adduser script to be run by a group of
> non-root users?  Flagging it setuid doesn't seem to work...

It will work if you flag it setuid AND use suidperl instead of perl.
My script should be setuid-able and I hope secure but I would not recommend
that.

>   BTW, what's the difference between /usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/suidperl?

suidperl makes more checks about security and is specialy designed for
suid scripts.

--
Ollivier ROBERT   -=- FreeBSD: the daemon is FREE! -=-   roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
      FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #2: Thu Dec 29 20:28:18  1994