Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:38:06 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Rewriting sender's address in sendmail

Hi!

I have a small problem, which I want you to help me resolve using
sendmail features/RULESETs.

Here is it:

to accept only those mails, which have its sender subscribed to
the list.

This is generally right, but makes me some inconvenience...

I have subscribed a local alias (oracle-l@ucb.crimea.ua) to that
list, which then delivers mail to a number of my users.

But when users try to send out mail to the list, the only way
to do this (in the time of writing) is to use sendmail's ``-f'' option
to specify the name of ``from'' person to be Oracle-L@ucb.crimea.ua.

Is there a way to make sendmail rewrite sender's name to oracle-l
when the users send mail to oracle-l@dbinfo.com.

I have tried to modify RULESET_1 to do this, but macro $u isn't yet
defined while parsing RULESET_1.

Any ideas?

TIA,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank