Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:46:25 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mysterious reboots

David Greenman writes:
> >We have a problem with two 2.1.0-RELEASE machines.  One is a P5-100 with
>
>    If it is possible, please upgrade to 2.1-stable. -stable contains code
> to detect stack overflows and panic more gracefully. It also has several
> important bugfixes which may or may not help your specific problem.

Is there anything stopping us from creating a patch from 2.1R to
2.1-stable as of today?   It certainly would make it easier for a lot of
folks to get the new code, and also improve our public relations.

This leads me to this question.  Is there anyway of getting the 2.1R
bits from CVS?  We're using the release tag for follow on code, so can
we get back to the actual code used in the release?  (I suppose we could
specify a date, but I'm not sure what exact date the tree was burned
from.)

Nate