Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:46:21 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can mkisofs leave file dates unaltered? [repost]

Frank Durda IV stands accused of saying:

> I am trying to use mkisofs to create some backups and it appears to be
> working fine, except that the stored files all have dates and times of
> when mkisfos was run instead of the actual date/time stamps on the
> files I am trying to archive.

Is this the mkisofs left over from your 2.1 system, or the port from
sysutils?  mkisofs was removes from the base system some time back.

> Any ideas?  The man page for mkisofs doesn't seem to mention anything
> about controlling dates.   I need the CD9660 date/times on files to be
> unaltered so that a non-Rock Ridge systems (Windoze/DOS) will see the
> correct dates.

Mkisofs was/is a horrible piece of work, and it's quite possible that
the author just got the datestamping completely wrong.  A quick
eyeball over tree.c makes be queasy but doesn't tell me a lot; you
would probably get some good results from a handful of debugging printfs.