Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 02:39:58 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Jonathan H. Ballard" <cybertronix@softcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.3 to 3.4 changes in C++ affect FreeBSD source?

* Jonathan H. Ballard <cybertronix@softcom.net> [000209 02:29] wrote:
> Gnats has been down...
>
> Help me advocate this
>
> http://www.softcom.net/users/cybertronix/log
>
> It seems that C++ has been incorporated
> into the FreeBSD core development. UNIX
> traditions are developed in the C realm.
> To me this reflects into security
> and stableness of FreeBSD.
>
> CVS 99.12.04.00.00.00 FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE
>
> 19991217 a change was made to 3.4 for C++ .
>
> How should changes to C++ reflect changes
> in FreeBSD.  To me, from traditions, C++
> should be more seperated.

Because you're using the FreeBSD system compiler, we update it along
with other things.  If you don't like this, then try using one of
the egcs ports in the ports tree.

> Bugzilla reveals this illusionment
> more...

Urm, the guy is right, we've incorperated fixes into the c++ compiler
to deal with the problems you are facing, please upgrade to the most
recent copy of 3-stable.

If you can't do that then merge the fix yourself, it's in our cvs logs.

This belongs on -stable or more likely -questions.

-Alfred