Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 07:48:33 -0500
From:      "Julie Meyer & Carl Todd" <chtodd@seacoast.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   creating support for an IDE tape drive

Hi folks,
	From what I gather, FreeBSD doesn't yet support IDE (Atapi) tape
drives (I have a Seagate tapestore 8000).  I'd like to know if
there's a way for me to hack a bit and create this support.  I'd like
some help figuring out which direction to go with this and what I
might have to do to create support for this device.  I assume that
the problem lies in the kernel but imagine I may have to create a new
device driver as well.

Thanks,
Carl Todd
chtodd@seacoast.com