Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:29:38 +0100
From:      Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd makes disk that is unmountable

> > > I don't remember the details, but when I got to 6.1, I found that
> > > my old burncd parameters would not work and I had to change them.
> > >
> > > I don't remember the details, but I settled upon:
> > >   /usr/sbin/burncd -v -f /dev/acd0 data FreeBSD62-disc1.iso fixate
> > > which seems to work find.  Both boots and mounts.  That doesn't look
> > > materially different from yours, but...
> >
> > It is defaulting to the correct device.

> > New data:  NetBSD mounts both disks (with and without "fixate") just fine.
> > So perhaps the problem is with FreeBSD's mount rather than burncd?
>
> Typing in mount yields what options with NetBSD?

Command is:

	 mount /cdrom

NetBSD's fstab entry:

	/dev/cd0a       /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0  0

Identical to FreeBSD's entry, except for the device name and perhaps whitespace.

I now have FreeBSD 6.2 up and limping, and it fails the same way as 6.0.
Also tried another OS, but the stupid penguin can't even find the drive.