Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:43:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Jay Lloyd <jay@sirius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk file not found?

>On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Jay Lloyd wrote:
>
> What am I doing wrong here?  I haven't been able to install Ports for
>months!  I run make installs, and I get errors saying that the file
>/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk doesn't exists.  heck, that directory doesn't
>exist.  Could you please tell me how to get that file so I can start
>using FreeBSD again?  Thanks,

It would seem that you don't have a completely up-to-date ports tree.  I'd
recommend getting an up-to-date snapshot of it, either via FTP (which you
probably understand) or preferably CVSup (which you might not).

CVSup is discussed in the handbook at www.freebsd.org.  I'll not go into
detail here but rather let you go read up on your own.

Good luck,

Brian