Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:21:06 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Nagy_L=c3=a1szl=c3=b3_Zsolt?= <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: c-icap exists without notice [SOLVED]

> I have installed the c-icap server port and squidclamav. When I try to
> start it in foreground+debug mode, the following happens:

Starting with "c-icap -N -D -d 10" options:

Setting parameter :-d=10
Searching 0x61d8d8 for default value
Setting parameter :PidFile=/var/run/c-icap/c-icap.pid
Searching 0x61d8e0 for default value
Setting parameter :CommandsSocket=/var/run/c-icap/c-icap.ctl
Searching 0x61d948 for default value
Setting parameter :Timeout=300
Searching 0x61d950 for default value
Setting parameter :MaxKeepAliveRequests=100
Searching 0x61d94c for default value
Setting parameter :KeepAliveTimeout=600
Searching 0x61d930 for default value
Setting parameter :StartServers=3
Searching 0x61d934 for default value
Setting parameter :MaxServers=10
Searching 0x61d93c for default value
Setting parameter :MinSpareThreads=10
Searching 0x61d940 for default value
Setting parameter :MaxSpareThreads=20
Searching 0x61d938 for default value
Setting parameter :ThreadsPerChild=10
Searching 0x61f7d0 for default value
Setting parameter :MaxRequestsPerChild=0
Searching 0x61d8c8 for default value
Setting parameter :Port=1344
Searching 0x61d8e8 for default value
Setting parameter :User=c_icap
Searching 0x61d8f0 for default value
Setting parameter :Group=c_icap
Searching 0x61d920 for default value
Setting parameter :ServerAdmin=gandalf@mess.hu
Searching 0x61d928 for default value
Setting parameter :ServerName=gw.visznet
Searching 0x61d8d0 for default value
Setting parameter :TmpDir=/var/tmp
Searching 0x61f610 for default value
Setting parameter :MaxMemObject=131072
Searching 0x61d960 for default value
Setting parameter :Pipelining=1
Searching 0x61f7e0 for default value
Setting parameter :SupportBuggyClients=0
Searching 0x61d918 for default value
Setting parameter :ModulesDir=/usr/local/lib/c_icap
Searching 0x61d910 for default value
Setting parameter :ServicesDir=/usr/local/lib/c_icap
Searching 0x800a671e0 for default value
Setting parameter :TemplateDir=/usr/local/share/c_icap/templates/
Searching 0x800a67130 for default value
Setting parameter :TemplateDefaultLanguage=en
The db file /usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.magic is the same as default.
Ignoring...
Searching 0x61f808 for default value
Setting parameter :RemoteProxyUsers=0
Searching 0x61e0c8 for default value
Setting parameter :RemoteProxyUserHeader=X-Authenticated-User
Searching 0x61e0d0 for default value
Setting parameter :RemoteProxyUserHeaderEncoded=1
Adding to acl localhost the data 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
In search specs list 0x0,name localhost
New ACL with name:localhost and  ACL Type: src
Adding to acl ALLREQUESTS the data REQMOD
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name ALLREQUESTS
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname localhost
Adding to acl ALLREQUESTS the data RESPMOD
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name ALLREQUESTS
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname localhost
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname ALLREQUESTS
Adding to acl ALLREQUESTS the data OPTIONS
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name ALLREQUESTS
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname localhost
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname ALLREQUESTS
New ACL with name:ALLREQUESTS and  ACL Type: type
Creating new access entry as allow with specs:
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name localhost
Checking name:localhost with specname localhost
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name localhost
Checking name:localhost with specname localhost
        Adding acl spec: localhost
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name ALLREQUESTS
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname localhost
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname ALLREQUESTS
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name ALLREQUESTS
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname localhost
Checking name:ALLREQUESTS with specname ALLREQUESTS
        Adding acl spec: ALLREQUESTS
Creating new access entry as deny with specs:
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name all
Checking name:all with specname localhost
Checking name:all with specname ALLREQUESTS
In search specs list 0x801c164c0,name all
Checking name:all with specname localhost
Checking name:all with specname ALLREQUESTS
The acl spec all does not exists!
        Adding acl spec: all
Searching 0x61e2a8 for default value
Setting parameter :ServerLog=/var/log/c-icap/server.log
Adding the access logfile /var/log/c-icap/access.log
Found handler C_handler for service with extension:.so
Initialization of echo module......
Registering conf table:echo
Registering conf table:echo_service
Found handler C_handler for service with extension:.so
squidclamav.c(183) squidclamav_init_service: DEBUG Going to initialize
squidclamav
squidclamav.c(708) set_istag: DEBUG setting istag to -1-squidclamav-10
Command squidclamav:cfgreload registered
LOG Reading configuration from /usr/local/etc/c-icap//squidclamav.conf
LOG Reading directive maxsize with value 5000000
LOG Reading directive clamd_local with value /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
LOG Reading directive timeout with value 1
LOG Reading directive logredir with value 0
LOG Reading directive dnslookup with value 1
LOG Reading directive safebrowsing with value 0
Registering conf table:squidclamav
Warning, alias is the same as service_name, not adding
My hostname is:gw.visznet
Command relog registered
c-icap server already running!

Basically, it says it is already running. I have checked, and it does
indeed:

root@gw:/usr/local/etc/c-icap # ps axw | grep icap
24420  -  Ss      0:00.01 /usr/local/bin/c-icap -f
/usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.conf -D
24421  -  I       0:00.01 /usr/local/bin/c-icap -f
/usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.conf -D
24422  -  I       0:00.01 /usr/local/bin/c-icap -f
/usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.conf -D
24423  -  I       0:00.01 /usr/local/bin/c-icap -f
/usr/local/etc/c-icap/c-icap.conf -D

After I have tested this, suddenly the status, stop and start commands
started to work!

root@gw:/usr/local/etc/c-icap # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap stop
Stopping c_icap.
Waiting for PIDS: 24420.
root@gw:/usr/local/etc/c-icap # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap stop
c_icap not running? (check /var/run/c-icap/c-icap.pid).
root@gw:/usr/local/etc/c-icap # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap start
Starting c_icap.
root@gw:/usr/local/etc/c-icap # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/c-icap status
c_icap is running as pid 25081.

I have no idea what happened, but the problem is gone.