Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:56:38 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "David Johnson" <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: documentation issues generally

Ah, but there's more to writing docs than just knowing the material.  The
other part is getting that material across.

Docs written by someone who only knows the material best but is unable to
effectively get the point across are just as bad as docs written by someone
who may be able to communicate but doesen't know the material.  If the
developer can't communicate effectively, they shouldn't be the ones
documenting the software.