Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 2003 21:14:12 -0500
From:      Erik Sabowski <airyk@7521.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audio mixer doesn't work

On Sunday 05 January 2003 07:01 pm, you wrote:
> what specific values are you trying to change and what are you
> trying to do?
>
> can you supply the output of mixer? and tell us what you're like
> to change?

output of mixer:
hobbes# mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75

i want to use it to control the volumes of the different inputs, so that =
i can=20
change the volume of the cd independently of the pcm volume. I just reali=
zed=20
while playing around with it that using kmix does change the values of ea=
ch=20
mixer (if i turn the master volume down in kmix, the value of 'Mixer vol'=
=20
goes to '0:0', but there is no change in the volume, sound is still playi=
ng=20
at the same volume as it was before)

erik