Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:44:24 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        wc.bulte@chello.nl
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Christoph Sold <so@i-clue.de>, Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: distfiles no longer on 4.0 CDs

In message <20000418225214.A2004@yedi.wbnet>, Wilko Bulte writes:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 01:12:04PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > > Anyhow, it would be _very_ nice if there could be some mechanism set up i
> > > .../distfiles, which just symlinks to the right CD of the toolkit. This w
> ay,
> >
> > I'm not sure there's any way to force the user to insert the right CD
> > of a 6 CD toolkit for an arbitrary port. :)
>
> This must be a commie plot to sell more 6-disc CDchangers (which are
> supported by FreeBSD just fine BTW)

People, this has been discussed many times in the past.  I have a
relatively lengthy reply outlining how to manage using symlinks the
last time this was discussed here.  Search the mailing list archives to
see how its done.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC