Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:10:07 +0100
From:      Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgraph sync card success..

Julian Elischer wrote:

> In case others had been wondering John Hay proved that out blind patches
> to the if_sr driver do work, and he is able to use netgraph to
> communicate. The problems were mostly to do with configuration.
>
> On another note, do we have anyone who can test other sync cards?
> The driver for if_ar.c has been also reworked for netgraph but we have no
> testers. Are there ay other sync card owners who would like their driver's
> modified? I can probably do a driver on about 30 minutes.

I have some ar cards here but no free port on my Cisco's at the moment.
*sigh*

Anyway, how do I run SyncPPP on that?

> On another topic, does anyone have any ideas of node tyoes that they think
> we should implement? We completed the pp and vjc nodes in the latest
> snapshot.
>
> I've been thinking about the possibility of a NAT node..
> and wondered if it wouldn't be possible to make a node that could do the
> ipfw operations on packets at the level where IP packets are being passed
> around netgraph.
>
> Just ideas..

Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch