Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2008 00:27:58 -0800
From:      Jonathan Feally <vulture@netvulture.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient doing DISCOVER with bad IP checksum - bge

--------------010705070407050807080507

Sorry for the cross-post, but this could be either lists problem.

I have 2 boxes running 7-STABLE as of 20081130, both i386 SMP. One is
running ISC DHCPD 3.0.x from recent ports, and the other dhclient from
make world.

The server is refusing to answer the DISCOVER request, as it thinks the
IP checksum is wrong, which tcpdump also confirms. Other DHCP clients
are working fine on this network, so I do not believe it to be the
network, server or dhcpd.

Server is running a 2 Port Intel card - em driver.

Client is a Dell PE1750 with 2 onboard NIC's - bge driver.

I have tried turning off both RXCSUM and TXCSUM on both the client and
server machines with no luck. I also tried the second NIC on the server
with the same result.

This setup was working just a couple of weeks ago, and the only thing
that has changed is updating the src for a make world. PXE booting this
server does result in an IP being issued, so it is pointing towards
something new/changed in 7-STABLE.

I have attached a 3 packet dump of the DISCOVER requests.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks, -Jon

believed to be clean.

--------------010705070407050807080507

1MOyoQIABAAAAAAAAAAAAP//AAABAAAAuFgzSURyCgBWAQAAVgEAAP//////
/wAPH2mL5QgARRABSAAAAAAQEV6WAAAAAP////8ARABDATSkzwEBBgC1qjdA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADx9pi+UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAY4JTYzUBATIEwKgC8z0HAQAPH2mL5QwHZGF0YW1hbjcIARwCeQMPBgz/
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL9YM0lmdAoAVgEAAFYBAAD///////8A
Dx9pi+UIAEUQAUgAAAAAEBHulgAAAAD/////AEQAQwE0pMgBAQYAtao3QAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA8faYvlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AGOCU2M1AQEyBMCoAvM9BwEADx9pi+UMB2RhdGFtYW43CAEcAnkDDwYM/wAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADOWDNJWXYKAFYBAABWAQAA////////AA8f
aYvlCABFEAFIAAAAABAR7pYAAAAA/////wBEAEMBNKS5AQEGALWqN0AAFgAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPH2mL5QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABj
glNjNQEBMgTAqALzPQcBAA8faYvlDAdkYXRhbWFuNwgBHAJ5Aw8GDP8AAAAA