Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:41:32 -0500
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Silly makeworld question

Hi,

I have never seen this on the list and was wondering how others of you
do this.

I have co-located severs and at present I CVSUP files on a regular basis
and ever so often run make buildworld from a script remotely.
Afterwards I go to the co-location, shutdown to single user and make
installworld along with the usual procedures.  Of course this is a
hassle.

I do a lot of other things by just shutting down services other than ssh
and do the work without being stepped on by users.  Has anyone tried
this with rebuilding the system?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Weeks