Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:16:37 -0800
From:      Tim Traver <tt-list@simplenet.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Simple Network Traffic script

mrtg is to collect and graph statistics from local and remote hosts...we
use it for network info on switches, etc. Which means that I can
ultimately get that info if I go find the switch port its on, and jump
through some other hoops.

I just want a command line script that shows me how much bandwidth is
being sent and received in the last x seconds...

Kind of like top for network bandwidth.

it can't be that hard...