Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:28:08 -0800
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PORTREVISION bumps on gtk12/glib12 consumer ports

Hi folks,

As some of you may be noticing from your cvsup logs, a bunch of ports
just got their PORTREVISION bumped.  All of the affected ports are
(a) consumers of devel/glib12 and/or x11-toolkits/gtk12 and (b) have
not had their PORTREVISIONs previously bumped recently, eg: by the
libtool mega-commit.

I realize that this is likely to cause a little bit of pain in terms
of rebuilding packages, but after a number of discussions, it was
decided that this would be the best approach to ensure tools like
portupgrade are kicked into doing the right thing with such ports,
given the change in library name of glib12/gtk12, which has caused a
not insignificant amount of issues here on this list over the past
week or so.  Packages generated from a "clean" tree were working
fine, but there have definitely been issues with the upgrade path,
which this commit aims to address.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, it's certainly been a
hectic rebuilding time with the perl changes, then libtool, and now
this, but the end result is definitely worth the short-term pain.

-aDe