Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 14:52:21 -0800
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ktrace broken in 2.2-960323-SNAP

Simply add options KTRACE to the GENERIC config and make a new kernel.

Then ktrace du or your favorite program.

# kdump
get trace of run just fine.

# kdump
kdump: bogus length 0xf000ef6f

ack!  file has been corrupted somehow!
You don't have to use kdump, more or cp will work fine. The first
time the file is read, the data is correct.  The second time the
date gets thrashed.

Therefore the only way to get a ktrace is to copy the file immediatly
after the ktrace.out is generated.

This is really wierd and I haven't seen anything quite like this.

Please let me know when someone has a clue and/or has a fix.

Thanks, Steven